Gallery2-View of the finishing hole with the basic clubhouse in the background
Gallery3- Nice greens , some of them come in rectangular shapes
Gallery4-The course is located at the Panitola tea estate
Gallery5 - Once in a way , your ball will ricochet off the markers around the greens . Take another shot
Gallery6 -With a mature tree line , some of the holes have ample tree protection
Gallery7-The course is located close to Chabua
About this course
The golf course in Kanjikhowa is a melting pot where diverse expertise drawn from diverse hives have been synthesized and used in establishing this colourful 9-hole golf course measuring approximately 45.5 hectare in the year 1909. The Panitola Sports Club was born in 1911, and Kanjikhowa golf course joined it in 1912 making it one of the oldest in the region.N.H 37 runs on the eastern side, with a railway line running parallel to the National highway between the road and the golf course.
Every golf course in Assam proudly sentinels some interesting features and Kanjikhowa is no exception. During World War II the allied forces planned to use Chabua, Kanjikhowa & Dinjan as the Eastern Wing Army HQ..Hundreds of truckloads of construction materials arrived & both British & American soldiers made their temporary base camp in Kanjikhowa golf course near NH37. An important war treaty of World War II was signed by the British Army Commander-in Chief Aural Mountbatten & the Chinese Army Commander-in-Chief Siang-kai-Saik in Mr Gagarry Paker’s Bungalow (He was the Superintendent of Budlabeta Tea Company at that time). This bungalow was near the golf course & has been dismantled. The first tournament, Shaw Wallace and Assam Frontier Cup, was held in 1911 and the proud winner of the tournament was Mr. W. C. Scott. Ladies golf tournament
was introduced as the Assam Review Cup in 1936. This tournament continued till 1969. From the beginning, the Kanjikhowa ladies were winners of this tournament. In 1951, Ladies Challenge Cup was introduced and the winner was Mrs. S. Christie. The last tournament of Ladies Challenge Cup was held in 1976 and Mrs. K. Jadhava was declared the winner. The first President’s Cup in here was held in 1951 and the winner was Mr. R. J. R. Christie.